Been seeing this really simply recipe on a lot of health fitness blogs and decided to try it. This combines two of my favorite foods: eggs and avocados! Google “baked avocado egg” and you get tons of different versions, but I decided to use PopSugar’s Paleo Powered Breakfast: Eggs Baked in Avocado– just to make sure I get the temp right and all that.
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 2 eggs
- pinch of black pepper
- 1 spoon
- 2 small ramekins/oven-proof bowls
1. Cut the avocado in half, scoop out the pit.
2. Scoop out some avocado flesh to make room for the egg- about 2 tablespoons
3. Place the avocado halves in ramekins with flesh side up, the small ramekins helps hold the raw egg in place without spilling.
4. Crack an egg into each of the avocado halves. Add a pinch of sea salt or pepper.
5. Bake in the oven at 425°F for 151-20 minutes until the egg looks solid.
6. Season with herbs, salsa, tabasco sauce, or whatever you’d like and ENJOY!